Friday, October 29, 2010

Time to Fly...

Oh Halloween, how I love you!!!  I dont really get people who don't absolutely adore this holiday!  There is something so refreshing and wonderful about the fall...and then you throw in pumpkins, candy and COSTUMES...come on its just magical. 


For the first time ever I'm going to be missing Halloween here in the good old USA.  I'm devastated...sort of.  You see at 7pm tonight I will be on board a direct flight to Dublin, Ireland!!!!  So this year I will be celebrating Halloween with the Irish =)  I hope they bring their A-game.


I'm going to be visiting a friend of mine from high school who has been living in Dublin for a few years now.  She went there for grad school then got a job with fucking Google!!!  Who is cooler then her?  Yeah, I'm completely jealous of her life as I'm sure you are too.  I'll be over there for 9 days and I can't begin to explain my excitement.


I've never been out of the country before (I dont feel like cruises count) so this is a big thing for me.  I'm flying alone which I'm not worried about and during the day I'll be taking a bunch of day tours around the country to entertain myself while my friend is at work.  I just hope people talk to me.  As Patches told me the other day "you'd talk to a wall if you had to"...so we all know me starting a conversation isn't an issue...I just want people to talk back.  Damn it!!  I'm sure they will because as I hear people tend to enjoy meeting others while they travel...plus I need a buddy to take pictures of me while I bend over backwards and kiss the Blarney Stone!


I will give you a heads up that while there unfortunately will be no new posts until I get back.  In my  travels I will hopefully be meeting some delicious Irish men with wonderful accents who will give me loads of things to write about when I return!  


Till then...I hope you all rock out this weekend for Halloween...kiss a hot vampire, goblin, or costumed creature of your choice!!  Slán go fóill (Bye for now)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment