Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Satisfy Your Curiosity...


So lets see...last I left you off was with the tale of the Producer.  Currently, he's off in Ireland...leaving me here in a state of constant jealousy...and yes, he did ask me to go but let's be serious...flights were over a thousand dollars, I haven't seen him in at least a year and I just got back from London...as sad as it makes me it just wasn't going to happen.  Even still I'll update you on what is currently an uneventful situation.  It seems that the Producer unleashed all the "I miss you" "you've never left my mind" nonsense right before he knew he was going to be traveling for ooohhh about a MONTH.  A motherfucking month! 

Now, the way that’s written makes it all seem way more dramatic then it is...but I mean really...don't go saying shit like that and then jet set across the ocean to another country for 3 weeks and then some other random state like Vermont after that.  IF in fact you feel the way you say then hold it in and wait till you home and can do something about it.  Frankly, I feel like timing and momentum is everything between two people.  You can start something and then let it fizzle and expect that a few weeks later it's all good.  It's not.

Same goes with Wolf.  He had spontaneously invited me over on a Thursday night, however, I was already with friends blowing away some brain cells while simultaneously boosting our perceptions of our own lives watching the Jersey Shore hence I wasn't available.  We tried to meet up Saturday night but he never came through and nothing since.  Its dead...whatever it was.  In my opinion anyway.  We had some momentum...there was a spark, it was alive..and its died.  We killed it...by letting too much time pass.  I see him at our game on Thursday and I have a flurry of mixed emotions about it.

And now..Sunday Funday.  God I LOVE football season.  Beer, wings, football = Bliss.  In the past I was typically with Dipshit during football season...which was fun since we were both HUGE NYG fans.  Even if it was just the two of us watching a game it was a lot of fun.  Last year was my first single football season since graduating college and it was spent watching the games with my friends always switching houses.  This year...still single (yippee???) and I'm doing Sunday Funday like never before.  I had no idea what I've been missing all this time.  Being out at the bars during the games not only is a hot guy jackpot but a seriously good time.  The energy, the cheering, the dozen TVs showing every game...its heaven.  And dangerous...in all the best ways.  Twice now I've been out till almost 11pm...once I did a mini bar crawl (by accident) through Hoboken.  Every time I've met someone.  The first time it was this really cute guy who I may have made out with in the street before he took my number and I walked back to my friends apt with a big smile on my face.  The second time it was a friend (read: wingman) of a guy hitting on KK.  I even heard the guy lean over to the wingman and say "your welcome"...as in he's welcome for getting to meet me...sooo weird.  This guy was really cute, however, he's a bit short for my taste.  I tend to be attracted to taller, bigger men (not like heavy guys but more of the broad shoulder, guys guy type)...this guy was maybe 5'8" but again great, casual, fun personality and definitely cute...so yeah, I gave him my number.  We texted and it all fell apart when he called me shit tanked at 4:30 AM!!! On Friday.  Fail dude.

Well, there is your update for now.  I have a nasty cold I'm trying to kick which basically put the brakes on all my adventures from this past weekend.  I was lucky I made it between my bed and my couch.  I may have been sprawled out in the hallway for a bit crying for someone to fix me.  The GIANTS certainly helped perk me up with their big WIN on Sunday as did the 5 wings I ate.  Please wings are like antibiotics...in a perfect world.  

6 comments:

  1. Damn, haven't read this blog in awhile and forgot how similarly reckless you are to myself.

    Giants rock. UNBELIEVABLE game. Hope the Yanks do the same tonight. I can't say I go to the bars too much for football though, simply because I got the Red Zone channel and I could just sit on my ass and get drunk with my roommates and watch football all fucking day. With of course some "destroying the brain cells" in the process. Also, it isn't exactly hot girl heaven out there...sausage fest non-stop, which obviously is amazing for you. I suppose I should go out more now that I live in Brooklyn by all these bars, but whatever. I'm gonna go smoke now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, when I first read "mini bar crawl" I thought of mini bars, as in hotel rooms. I had a vision of you going from hotel room to hotel room drinking from various mini bars. Then I realized I'm stupid and it was a bar crawl that was mini. Yeah, made me laugh so I thought I'd share my stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Timing and pacing's everything.

    "We texted and it all fell apart when he called me shit tanked at 4:30 AM!!! On Friday. Fail dude."

    Ok in fairness... 4:30 in New York is 1am elsewhere.... at least he was thinking about you....? But yes, fail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're living it up and glad that football season is your thing. You're in a great town if you like sports, that's for sure :) I agree about the guy leaving for 4 weeks. Should've told you all that upon his return and not before. But you know guys. They are the stupids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, everyone is sick. I'm serious, the entire Internet, including me.

    Hope you feel better.

    Lor

    ReplyDelete